Principal Environmental Consultant – Due Diligence (Transactions) in London, Bristol or Manchester
Transactions-focused Environmental Due diligence role focused on delivery and client management.
|Job type:||Permanent, Full-time|
Our client is a growing international business offering core environmental consulting services to corporate, private equity and property clients. Our services are solutions driven and include advice on environmental due diligence and transaction support; contaminated land investigation and remediation; environmental planning and permitting solutions; EHS management and compliance; and energy use reporting and reduction.
The UK business is seeking an environmental professional to take day-to-day responsibility for the growing body of EHS due diligence to support corporate and private equity mergers and acquisitions (M&A). As a Principal Consultant, you will bring specific expertise in the delivery of environmental due diligence projects, technical knowledge of contaminated land risk assessment and environmental compliance audits, as well as the ability and confidence to manage client relationships and support the practice lead in developing new business. This role will suit a self-motivated, enthusiastic professional who will thrive on an exciting, rapidly growing business environment.
- Project management of EHS due diligence and transaction advisory projects to ensure they are implemented in a timely manner whilst ensuring technical excellence that meets our clients’ needs;
- Managing subcontractors and partners as required to deliver project specific tasks;
- Managing and mentoring EHS professionals within the practice team, as it grows;
- Supporting the practice lead in business development, including contributing to marketing efforts, identification of bid opportunities, management of key client relationships, attending client meetings;
- Preparation of proposals including formulation of work scopes and budgets;
- Running high level environmental, social and governance (ESG) assessments as part of transactions;
- Liaison with US colleagues to support UK and European efforts with US/global clients.
- Undergraduate degree (BSc) or higher in an environmental science or engineering discipline;
- Minimum of eight years of relevant environmental consulting experience, ideally within an established environmental due diligence practice, with specific experience of corporate and private equity M&A support.
- Strong technical background in environmental risk assessment and management, with an excellent knowledge of current and future core UK & EU environmental legislation, regulations, and best practice;
- Ability to work independently or in a project team with excellent problem solving, analytical, writing, and presenting skills;
- Experience of client liaison (e.g. meetings, presentations) and management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and with the ability to generate and technically review reports;
- Commercial awareness, along with financial and time management skills;
- Ability to deliver to challenging deadlines, occasionally requiring extended working hours to meet client expectations, join conference calls in different time zones and manage global project teams;
- A broad knowledge of sustainability trends and business issues and experience of ESG, corporate sustainability and supply chain issues, would be advantageous.
- Subcontractor negotiation, management and control;
- Ideally have Chartered Environmentalist status (CEnv), where a candidate does not meet this requirement, they would be expected to achieve this within their first year.
- Experience of working within a high-quality health and safety management system;
- Formal health and safety qualification, such as NEBOSH General Certificate (desirable);
- Must possess a driving license and passport and be willing to travel.
It is anticipated that the role will be focused on project delivery and client relationship management. The role is likely to involve some national and international travel, to undertake assessments of company operations, to meet clients and to attend internal meetings.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without a work permit.
Complete the fields below, or phone Mark Vidler on 01747445079